April Meeting 

Programs

April speaker is Laurier Martin from Trendtex.  May is the AGM and Binding Techniques.  June is Pot Luck and UFO reveal.  Meeting on April 13 to plan programs for next year.

Membership - Registration

69 paid members. 

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 8 April or earlier. 

We Care

Two more battting rolls ahve been purcahsed.  April 27 at Sardis Library is a We Care sew day.  Discussion on record keeping for We Care supplies and quilts.

Block of the Month Project

Block 8 to come this month.  Finishing ideas will be discussed in June at the meeting.

Day Retreat

May 25 Sat is the date for the next guild sew day, sign up sheet will be available at the April meeting.

Quilt Show

GV Park has been contacted via Lyn to sell raffle tickets at the event. Gaming Licence will be requested end of April.

Code of Conduct

Draft doc resent as a PDF, will discuss in at May Exec meeting before taking it to the May Meeting.

Fat Quarter

Colour is Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

 

March Meeting 

Programs

March speaker from Ann Davis is Patti MacAhonic.  April speaker is Laurier Martin from Trendtex.  May is the AGM and Binding Techniques. Meeting on zoom set for Mar 13 Sat to discuss future ideas.

Membership - Registration

69 paid members. 

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 11  Mar or earlier. 

We Care

Need to purchase a new batting roll.  April 27 at Sardis Library is a We Care sew day, sign-up sheet will be sent around at the March meeting.

Block of the Month Project

Block 7 to come this month.  Prize draw will be held at the March meeting for participants.

Day Retreat

May 25 Sat is the date for the next guild sew day.

Quilt Show

First prize quilt is fully completed, second prize quilt will be quilted by Leah. At the March meeting intro of quilt show items: raffle baskets, boutique table, challenge quilt, registration.

Code of Conduct

Meeting is March 13 to finalize the draft document.

Fat Quarter

Colour is Green or Gold.

 

January Meeting 

Old Business

Libarary now has four volunteers - Connie D, Angela H, Kim M, Sharon B.  A decision to poll the members about coffee for the March meeting, if no one wants coffee we will discontinue the hospitality volunteer role.

Code of Conduct discussion, three non-executive members volunteered.

Programs

January on Zoom will be Terry Rowland. February presenter will be Elaine Quehl.

Membership - Registration

70 members paid to date. 

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 8 Jan or earlier. 

We Care

Discussion about a speaker and workshops in conjuntion with the 2026 quilt show, like CQA sets up.

Block of the Month Project

Fourth and fifth blocks will be sent out before the January zoom meeting.

Day Retreat

New date booked for Jan 20, 2024. 21 members signed up, room for a few more so will send out an email.

Workshops

Basic Quilting Skills offered by Nancy in Mach or April, will poll the members for interest.

Quilt Show

Leah M has volunteered for the co-chair position and will take over the runing of the show for 2026.

Secretary

Lyn R asked about missing minutes.  All will be tracked down and placed in our Google docs folder for future reference. Executive mintues will be sent only to the executive. General meeting minutes will go to all members.

February Meeting 

New Business

Donation to CQA will be done for $250.  Introduce Pink Slips, items for the executive to consider from the general membership.

Old Business

Code of Conduct discussion about content and timeline.  A draft will be sent to all exec by the end of Feb and a meeting will be set up 2nd Weds in March to discuss the content.

Will ask for a show of hands at the Feb meeting to discontinue the coffee/tea making at the general meetings.

Programs

February presenter will be Elaine Quehl. March is a speaker from Ann Davis.

Membership - Registration

69 paid members. Membership list was sent to all the guild members.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 12  Feb or earlier. 

We Care

Will vote at the March meeting for interest in having a presenter/workshop at the quilt show in Oct.  Feb 17 at Cozy Cottons will be a gather supplies day for making We Care items. We Care email account has been set up.

Block of the Month Project

Block 6 to come this month.  At the March meeting two prize draws will be awarded for those with the 5 or 6 blocks completed (to encourage participation). Entered in the draw if you post on Facebook a picture or bring them to the March meeting. Nancy will take care of the prizes and bill the guild.

Day Retreat

May 25 Sat is the date for the next guild sew day.

Quilt Show

First meeting is set for Feb 12 Monday.

Library

Connie will be meeting with the day guild librarian to get info on how the software works .

December Meeting 

Old Business

Still looking for a volunteer for the library and hospitality.  Lyn stepped forward to do the secretary until June.  She has stepped down from Show & Tell, Lori has taken that on.  Decided there will be no coffee made for March onward until a volunteer comes forward.

Code of Conduct discussion.  Will call for more volunteers at the December meeting. Try to have it prepared for exec review before the May meeting and voted on at the May AGM by the membership.

Programs

December will be a potluck event, dress up and words of the month. January on Zoom will be Terry Rowland.

Membership - Registration

70 members paid to date.  Membership list will be prepared and sent out to the members.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 11 Dec or earlier. 

We Care

35 quilts handed in at the Nov meeting. Leah is making a trip to the Shuswap to deliver 15 quilt to the fire relief. Lady in Hope donated fabric and sewing supplies.  These will be sorted, collecting for the raffle baskets and maybe an auction. One quilt to be completed and returned to her, Trish will do this.

Block of the Month Project

Third block to be emailed after the newsletter email. Encourage members to posted finished work on the Facebook page.

Fat Quarter

Colour for Dec - Gray or Silver, sparklie encouraged.

Day Retreat

New date booked for Jan 20, 2024. Will pass around a signup sheet at the December meeting, place in the newsletter and an email if not full.

Workshops

Proposed new workshop targeting new quilters and skills to learn. Nancy willl teach it in late March. Will do a show of hands for interest at the December meeting.

Quilt Show

Job descriptions will be sent out in Dec for the volunteer positions.  Proposed first quilt show meeting in Feb via zoom.

Charity Donations

Beatrice will prepare a list to be voted on at the Dec meeting. Food bank donations will be collected and delivered.

November Meeting 

New Business

Will ask for volunteers to form a committee to write a Code of Conduct for the guild to follow.

Programs

Stacey Day will be our speaker for Nov meeting. December will be a potluck event voted on at the November meeting. January on Zoom will be Terry Rowland.

Membership - Registration

62 members paid so far.   Includes 4 new members. Past members not paid will be removed from the membership list and email after the November meeting.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 6 Nov or earlier. 

We Care

Will pass around the sigup sheet for the workshop day and for completing different parts of quilts.  Meadow Rose will be taking childrens quilts. Committee will be makeing a suggested size chart for project making.

UFO Challenge

Signup continued in November.

Block of the Month Project

Second block to be emailed after the newsletter email.

Fat Quarter

Colour for Nov - Red

Library

Connie and Beatrice volunteered to do the computer part if a libraian can be found.

Day Retreat

New date booked for Jan 20, 2024

Workshops

Improve workshop will go ahead as planned, lead by Nancy.

Youth Bags

Final items request was emailed to members.  November meeting is the final collection including any cash donations.  Filling the bags will be before the We Care workshop at the Sardia Library Sat 18 Nov at 10 am.

Quilt Show

Fabric and pattern have been purchased for the raffle quilt.  Janet did the washing/ironing.  Karlie did the cutting.  Signup sheet will be passed around for the sewing day.  Signup sheet will be passed around for the Quilt Show Committee leaders.  The church deposit has been paid for our event.

October Meeting 

New Business

Will investigate a Scissor Sharpening Service for the guild members.

Old Business 

Still need positions filled for - library, hospitality, quilt show and workshops.  Treasurer position has been filled by Michelle M.

Programs

Block of the Month will be introduced by Nancy R.  Introduction for the UFO Challenge, photos and sign-up by Beatrice. Investigating Ann Davis speaker for Nov meeting.

Treasurer

Reminder to fill out the proper forms.

Membership - Registration

44 members paid so far.  Will be removed from the membership list and email after the October meeting.

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon 9 Oct or earlier. 

We Care

Visited the four drop off locations with Ginger, gave out 40 quilts. Checking on new locations for deliveries. A pattern for wheelchair quilts to come. Agreed to keep 15 quilts on reserve for emergency situations.

UFO Challenge

Sign up this month.

Block of the Month Project

Nancy will need a table to show the blocks each month.

Fat Quarter

Colour for Oct - Autumn orange

Library

Return books to Cherri this month, Diane will not be setting up the library.  The library will be unavailable until a librarian comes forward.

Day Retreat

Saturday 21 Oct and the Community of Christ Church 10am - 5pm, free for members. Asking for sign up at the Oct meeting.

Workshops

Improv will be rescheduled Nov 4, sign-up at the Oct meeting. Need a volunteer to take this over due to resignations.

 

Exec Meetings 2023 - 2024

September Meeting 

New Business

Will investigate the buying of a Square for direct payment to the guild.

Old Business 

Still need positions filled for - treasurer, library, hospitality, quilt show.

Programs

Tam Woods (from Hope) will be doing a presentation about sewing machines. Discussion on suggestions for the remaining meetings this year.  Adding a word or technique of the day to each meeting from the presenters.

Treasurer

The budget was presented, adjustments were made.  This will be presented to the members for voting at the Sept meeting.

Membership - Registration

We will be collecting $35 for membership fees.  Payment can be made by via e-transfer, cash or cheque.  Past members not signed up by the end of October will be removed form our list. All gift certificates are still available except for Graceland Quilting. needed. 

Newsletter

Next reports are due Mon Sept 11or earlier. 

We Care

Will be making a mini presentation at the September meeting and a longer one at the November meeting. Want to have two workshop days this year. The first will be tagged onto the Youth Bag filling day in November.Discussion on sending quilts to fire relief towns. Ginger will be taking We Care members on a visit and intro to the locations quilts are delivered. No more kids quilts.

UFO Challenge

Beatrice will intro this in the newsletter and at the Sept & Oct meetings.

Block of the Month Project

Nancy will intro this in the newsletter and at the Oct meeting.

Fat Quarter

Colour for Sept - Gold/mustard

Library

Two long overdue books have been returned. Four new books available this meeting.  Some CQA magazines also available this meeting.

Day Retreat

Janet and Karlie will organize something for the end of Oct.

Workshops

Improv will be rescheduled Nov 4, sign-up at the Sept meeting cost $25 or $35 depending upon budget. Sept 16 Carola's workshop is a go ahead.

 

Website Created & Hosted with Doteasy Web Hosting Canada